Sunday, June 24, 2007

So not been in the mood...

Roy keeps telling me that I HAVE to write in my blog.... He keeps telling me things to write about.... blah. I just haven't felt like it. I know, I know, how else are you going to know what's going on you say. Welllllll... blah. But today I will break down and write some more. Lets see, last Saturday we were finally invited to go out to the beach house. Everyone always says how great it is there, but no one had ever invited us to go on a day that we actually could. We were really excited to go. We went down to the boat dock (you can only get there by taking a 45 minute boat ride) and met up with the people we were going out with. But there seemed to be a problem with the boat. They couldn't get the engines both running and keep them running. So we waited while they tinkered with them. We got there at 9am and we waited.... and waited... and waited. And when it was 11:30 and the boat still wasn't running we decided to call it a day and took the food back to our apartment complex and had a pool party. Oh well... it was fun anyway. But here's something interesting that I probably never would have done in the US..... I ate goat. Yes that's what I said. I ate goat. We had BBQ'd goat ribs that day. They were tasty, greasy and not a lot of meat, but tasty. And I did have to tell my friend that they were the best goat ribs I had ever eaten!! He was quite amused at that.

Also we just finished a week long fuel strike and 4 day labor stike. The streets have been virtually empty for days because no one had any fuel. We were worried that they would shut off the power as part of the strike, because we didn't know how much diesel the apartment had left for the generators and there was not any new coming because of the strike. Also I really didn't want to have to reschedule my travel plans for next week if anything major happened. But all that ended last night at midnight. WOO HOO! I can breathe a little easier now. We will just have to wait and see how long it takes things to get back to normal again.

Another piece of info... We finally got our sea shipment!! I got out my sewing maching the other day and totally love it!! Alisa you were totally right, it is a GREAT basic machine!! It makes me very happy!! And very sad that once again I have to box it up and wait to play with it till after my vacation. (But I would rather go see all my family then stay and play with it... it will be here when I get back.) And speaking of getting back, I was hoping to be moved to our new flat BEFORE I left, but that won't happen until AFTER I am gone. And I don't think Roy will be in any hurry to move after I am gone, so MAYBE we will moved before I get back. Oh well, at least I was able to get the kitchen all unpacked and arranged fairly well. I really just want to go unpack everything and get moved in, but we are still waiting on them to get those last little things finished. Things like getting the internet working and putting screens on the windows. I really think most of all the MAJOR work is done. I just have to stop worring about it and know that Roy will take care of everything. He is very good at moving.

So there is a quick update. Life in a nutshell.

No comments:

Post a Comment