Friday, June 29, 2007

Rainy season has come to Oklahoma!!

I thought I was going to leave the rain in Nigeria when I went home for vacation. BOY WAS I WRONG!! Oklahoma is having it's own monsoon season! Today was the 17th consecutive day of rain. They are breaking records for rain here. I had to take some pictures of the flooding in areas since my husband is posting pics of Nigeria rain. We were heading over to look at the new church building, when we came across a road block. We looked past it and the water didn't look like it was crossing the road. So we scooted the blocks over a bit and drove around. Then we topped the hill and saw this.


There has been SO MUCH rain. And it is raining like it is Nigeria. You either get long steady showers or these small violent rains pop up and dump buckets of rain for about 10 minutes then they are gone. It's crazy. While we were sitting taking these pics, the SUV that was behind us decided to get brave and cross this water!! I was so worried that they weren't going to make it. The water was all the way up to their floor boards.


Lucky for them they actually made it across. Had the water been any deeper, they would have been stranded. This was mom's favorite part of the view. Anyone want to by some water front property.

No comments:

Post a Comment