Sunday, April 15, 2007

Just thoughts today...

I haven't taken any new pictures. I actually haven't been out of the apartment much in the last week or so. The library is closed for pretty much all of April (it's usually open on Wed and Sat) so no outings there. Really the only times I've been out is to do some grocery shopping. There's not a lot to get out and do here. And with the elections this month, things are a little tense. There hasn't been anything bad happen here where I live, but close by people have been killed in violence leading up the elections. I am not personally worried about the actual election days. I am more worried about violence that may occur when they announce who wins the election. That is when I am worried about possible riots and violence. (Again not to worried about where I live, but close surrounding areas.) Anyway, Friday we got to experience going to the doctor in a foriegn country. I HATE going to a new doctor. You don't know them, they don't know you. (I miss my old dotor back home...) And I had NO idea what to expect here. Would there be all the normal things that you expect to see in a doctors office? Would it be clean? Would they understand what I was saying, would l understand what they were asking? Would the doctor be nice, or tired and stressed and cranky? I just wanted to feel better. I was tired and stressed and cranky. We found the clinic (took a little bit) and went in and filled out paperwork. That seemed pretty normal. And then we waited. and waited... again normal. The clinic wasn't dirty, but it was old and tired and run down. But it seemed ok and I didn't care at that point. I just wanted some medicine so I could feel better. When it was finally time to see the doctor he seemed pretty nice. We had to talk to each other a little slowly, he was french and I think we were trying to understand each others accents. But we communicated what we needed to and I was given antibiotics and cold medicines. The whole thing was a lot less trouble than I was afraid it was going to be. That's good to know. (But I still miss my doctors back home.) Anyway, maybe I will get the camera out later this week and find something good to take pictures of. Maybe I will get out a little more this week, we'll just have to see what the tension levels are like.

1 comment:

  1. sorry you are sick. Hope you are feeling soon. EM is home now. We have been really busy and not home much. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete