Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Sorry, no picture today...

I had a hard day today. I am really starting to get homesick. It's all the little things that just seem to be building and making it harder. I miss jumping in the car and running to Wal-mart if I need something and knowing that 98% of the time what I am looking for will actually BE at Wal-mart. I looked at 4 different stores for measuring spoons the other day. I was lucky to find measuring cups at 1 store. ONLY 1 store had measuring cups. I want to go to Sonic and get a fountain drink. I want to go for a walk. I want to pick up the phone and call my family and friends without worrying about how much it costs and hurting my brain trying to calulate what time it is there. I want to be able to understand what people are saying without having to concentrate!! I don't want to hear honking car horns and sirens anymore. I want good water pressure in the shower. I want my stuff!! I want my tv shows back. I want Dish Network back. I want.... a lot of things. But I guess in the end I am thankful to have had those things and be able to miss them, because so many people here never have and probably never will. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

2 comments:

  1. Years ago I went to a regional Relief Society meeting where a sister who lived in North Africa was a speaker. She spoke of the group of American wives that got together and fed rice to the hungry children. She said that the job assignement had been s hard one for her until she did this, but after watching the little children eat their bowl of rice with their fingers she made a decision. She decided that she would be grateful for something everyday. She said some days it was easy to find something, but on other days she just had to be thankful for "clean sheets". In the long run she felt it had been a great learning experience for her. Hang in there. We love ya.
    The Grove Allens

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josie, When we lived in North Carolina some days I would be so home sick and would go to the PX and just stand there and look at the apple dishes like grandma Bennion's. I agree with the Grove Allen's find something to do of service. It will make you fall in love the the African people. Love Mom. We do miss you.

    ReplyDelete