Monday, March 26, 2007

A Universal Truth... Teenagers are teenagers no matter where you are...

Roy has already been called as Young Men President at church. (He's in charge of the young men ages 12-18.) He had his first official activity this last Saturday. They only have 1 youth activity a month here. And I think it is always a combined young men/young women activity. Anyway, this activity was a focus on missionary work, but they went to Alpha Beach for the activity.

The activity started with an opening prayer and song, then a couple of the youth were asked to share their testimonies about missionary work. Then the missionaries spoke to the youth about what they can do to help share the gospel. And then once all the "official" stuff was done, the kids got to play. They played soccer on the beach and played in the surf. The ocean was kind of rough that day, so no swimming. But it was fun all the same.















I think Roy is really enjoying working with the youth here. I can tell he is very excited about it. This is a picture of all the youth, leaders, and missionaries that were there for the activity. Maybe one day I will learn (and be able to remember) all their names.

P.S. I REALLY miss my young women back home!! I think about you girls ALL the time. You ARE loved.

1 comment: