Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Cuban Pork Tacos

This recipe originally came from my Aunt Mary. But I think it has quickly become a family favorite and everyone has tweaked it slightly to their tastes.

Cuban Pork Roast
2 lb boneless pork roast

Sauce:
3 T minced garlic
2 T minced parsley
1 T paprika
2 t ground cumin
1 t pepper
1 t salt
2 T lime (or lemon) juice (my mom also uses balsamic vinegar sometimes)
2 T lt corn syrup or honey
2 T olive oil

Cut the pork roast (mom uses pork loin) into smallish chunks (about 2x4"). Dredge them through the sauce and layer up in a slow cooker. Put the cooker on low and leave for at least 8 hours. (It took almost 15 hours for the roast I used this time to be all fally aparty.) When it is done, take the pork out and shred it. Mix some of the liquid back into the shred and serve.

We eat it on Lebanese flat bread with taco fixins!! It's delicious!


Don't you just want to take a bite!! I'm getting hungry.

2 comments:

  1. Makes me hungrey and I just ate. I love your table cloth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Josie!!

    I tried your recipe with just a little "tweaking" with spices. We all loved it! Thanks for posting it! Aleta

    ReplyDelete